Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fiddle leaf fig tree. By S.


















There has been a recent revival of indoor trees in interior design these past few years. Since the 70's indoor plants were considered unwelcome in most - if not all - fine homes. However, certain plants have crept into the editorials of top interior decor magazines such as Elle Decor and AD these past seasons, and high end interior decorators are introducing them into their design projects. In particular, the fiddle leaf fig tree has been one of the "chosen ones", and you can see why by the pictures I have posted. 

I myself purchased a fiddle leaf fig tree for my home a few months ago and I love it, it has been the first EVER indoor tree I have had in my home since I got married 17 years ago (oh yes...). Here it is in the foyer of my house.








6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! It is a pleasure to have your feedback!

      Delete
  2. Love it, love it! I want one for my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SURE your beautiful new house would look fabulous with a fiddle leaf fig tree!

      Delete
    2. Our new fiddle leaf fig tree looks fantastic in our living room!

      Delete