Friday, July 6, 2012

Wimbledon and summers. By S.




Wimbledon always brings me back to fond and happy memories. When I was a girl away at boarding school television was not allowed. There was a big boxy television in the main hall but it was never turned on except, that is, when the summer term was about to end and our headmaster would gather us all up to watch Wimbledon. After all these years I still remember Bjön Borg’s fifth consecutive Wimbledon win when he defeated a hot-headed John McEnroe in what is cited as the best Wimbledon final ever played.

So, tennis in general and specially Wimbledon always bring me back to those warm sunny days when evenings would stretch on forever and we were allowed to watch television.



I just can't get over McEnroe's hair, however.


No comments:

Post a Comment